I was told bikes pollute more then gas bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Mine does 50mpg and when able 160mph, those were the days of French autoroute and German autobahn
whatcha got? Mine's a Triumph Sprint 1050 sports tourer. Don't think it'll quite do 160, but I've done 130 (quite legally, on the Autobahn) 2 up with luggage and there was plenty more left. 90 and a bit was a lot more relaxing though

ChrisEyles

Guru
Could conceivably be true if you take into account that a lot of people will buy a bike (complete with lithium batteries), use it for a few months covering maybe a few hundred miles, and then it will sit in the shed. Quite some effort to go to in order to factor all the relevant considerations in though.

CXRAndy

Guru
Same sort of bike to mine then; semi sensible but a bit too big and heavy
Its a tourer, I've used it as you have, long multiday rides around Europe. For about 10 years, a group of us would have a week or 10 days on a European trip. Most memorable was to Barcelona 700 mile day ride from northern France to a Villa outside Barcelona. :wacko:

After that we decided 350 miles was far more enjoyable per day :whistle:

OP
OP
W

windy7777

motor cycles are crazy inefficient compared to a car if you take in account how many people are in the car. on ya side of the pond don't ya all have smart cars that get 70 mpg?

Top Bottom