I went to the the orthopod yesterday...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelM

Guru
who told me that this latest injury to my right knee on top of the previous two ACL reconstructions and two arthroscopies meant that my knee was in a bit of a state.

He was reluctant to agree to a fifth surgery, saying that this knee would never be normal again. Of course I realise this but said that if I could manage to get to the stage of being able to cycle I'd be happy. He then said we may never even reach that stage - twat! that's not what I want to hear ;)

We then had a bit of a discussion - he wanted to leave it, I said he may as well scope it and clean it out as it's not getting any better by itself. He agreed to that eventually.

It's not all bad news - my left knee is o.k. at the moment - but I've only had one ACL repair and one arthroscopie on that side. I think it could be time for me to start taking care of my body now :biggrin:

How have you managed to have so many injures to your knee?

OP
OP
M

MichaelM

Guru
willhub said:
Thrashing it about on yer bike?

Squash, martial arts, running, miltary life, climbing/mountaineering, mountainbiking, white water canoeing ....

For a bit of variety on the injury front:

Ruptured my achilies tendon doing sprint training (needed surgery).
A saddle sore became a sebacious cyst and required surgey.
Recently had my right ear drilled /chiseled - surfers ear due to canoeing (left one is closing up as well!).
Broke my arm doing a log run.

I never seem to get ill though - I just break!

Top Bottom