I won the lottery!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Premium Bonds are designed to pay out 1.35% return per annum, tax free. That's attractive right now when interest rates are so low but when they increase (and they will), investment in PBs becomes unattractive
I've got some now for this reason but I will move the cash into something else when interest rates increase

Bill Gates

We do the National Lottery online. Every now and then we get an email saying "news about your ticket". Still gets us up for the big one even though we know deep down its another "You've won a Lucky Dip" or a small £10 win. ^_^

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I've also done quite well on the premium bonds this year. £300, all in £25 amounts. A much better return than bank/building society accounts.
That’s good. Is that with close to maximum holding if you don’t mind me asking. I have just this minute bought a large amount with some of my inheritance. For all the interest at the moment, decided to enjoy a flutter instead. At least you can just get them back out if necessary and not have the money tucked away long term.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
That’s good. Is that with close to maximum holding if you don’t mind me asking. I have just this minute bought a large amount with some of my inheritance. For all the interest at the moment, decided to enjoy a flutter instead. At least you can just get them back out if necessary and not have the money tucked away long term.
Nowhere near the maximum holding of £50,000. I do have £19,000 invested there, I have had quite a good return over the last couple of years.

keithmac

Guru
I run our works Lottery syndicate, £80 a month and were lucky to have a tenner each at the end of the year!.

Been doing it 20+ years so nobody wants to call time on our numbers, they've got you over a barrel really..

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I run our works Lottery syndicate, £80 a month and were lucky to have a tenner each at the end of the year!.

Been doing it 20+ years so nobody wants to call time on our numbers, they've got you over a barrel really..
They have,but after me and Mrs Accy split,she told me she'd stopped putting the same numbers on, after the tickets went up in cost and they added more numbers to make the minuscule chance of winning even more remote. I haven't checked those numbers for 3 years. I consider the lottery as gambling. I've never been a gambler, apart from those 22 years of me and Mrs Accy wasting about 4 quid a week on the national lottery rip off. I'm too tight/careful with my money and i find it boring, plus I have enough vices as it is!:whistle:.

Come to think of it,i haven't seen or heard of her in quite a while. Perhaps she did carry on with those numbers and they eventually came up and she's now living in Monaco?!:ohmy:

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
2 x £25 & 1 x £500 :eek: this month - which will pay for the car's new brake discs & pads all round which are currently being fitted.

Gunk

Guru
My sister was here last year and checked the PB draw... "Ooh, I've won £25. And another £25. And another £25. And ... Wow - £500!" (She has most of her savings in PBs.)

I had a big PB holding for a few years and used to win £25 4 or 5 times a year.

How big is big? I ask as I’m thinking of sticking some money into PB’s next year.

Top Bottom