iCE 26/700c rear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've not replaced a back boom, but I did move the back boom out on the old trike when I fitted the hardshell seat.

How you do it:-
Undo all the cables.
Split the chain.
Take the seat off.
Undo the two allen bolts holding the boom in place.
Slide the boom to its new position.
Lock boom in place, look over the back wheel and up the frame to check its square.
Replace the seat.
Add a bit of chain.
Replace all the cables.

The only difference with replacing the back boom is moving deraillier and brakes over to the new boom.
And you probably don't need to extra chain.

My trike was a Q26 and I fitted the new, folding rear subframe to it. Cost was about £250 as far as I can remenber. The swap was easy enough as described in other response. One thing to bear in mind is that the alignment of the subframe is different. The centreline is slightly offset and the ICE rear wheel is dished accordingly. It makes for a stronger set up. I stuck my old wheel in and could not tell the difference. If you looked carefully you could see that the rim was not quite on the centreline of the trike. But then again the Windcheetah wheel is even offset I believe and it handles fine.

Cheers

John

plantfit

Guru
Hi Ian, as you know I have a Q26 and looking through Ice's old brochure you can buy a rigid rear section which they say is "retro-fittable" what they don't say though is how much they cost, give them a ring you know how helpful they are

Roger

Top Bottom