Ice cream scoop anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Victorian ice cream scoops were called Penny Licks - you gave the Ice Cream vendor a penny in exchange for a glass topped with ice cream, had a lick and returned the empty glass to the seller.

View attachment 561042
They were banned in London in 1898, leading to the development of the sugar waffle cone. Strange wot you learn from Bargain Hunt...

Thinking about putting an offer in

It would look good hanging out my jersey back pocket ready for taking off the tyre when I puncture.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's ideal for those that are partial to haddock flavour ice cream.

There'll be a flap when he finds out what it is. He'll probably get some lip over it, perhaps even a clit round the ear when he realises his muff up. He'll be pubicly humiliated and forced to move to Tasmania.

Still, could be worse. One slip and he'd have been in the sheet!

Last edited:

accountantpete

Brexiteer
that reminded me of the old fashioned glass eye wash cup we had when I was a boy

The Victorians also had chamber pots so the lady could see what she was doing :ohmy:

postman

Legendary Member
Just reminded me of my prostate exam.I was told to remove my clothes from the waist down,then lay face down on the table.I heard the slap of a rubber glove and then oh oh matron.Well after that the bloke walked out,and the nurse walked in.Who was that she asked,it was then i fainted.

Top Bottom