ice-free ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neslon

Tonight was, I kid you not, the first time its been possible to do my usual ride without going on ice since late November. There's still some around, but at least its avoidable. Sadly, it was 0.4 here at 1630, so tomorrow might be a different story. And hats off the the gadgee cycling down lunatic alley in shorts.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Tonight was, I kid you not, the first time its been possible to do my usual ride without going on ice since late November. There's still some around, but at least its avoidable. Sadly, it was 0.4 here at 1630, so tomorrow might be a different story. And hats off the the gadgee cycling down lunatic alley in shorts.

Mostly frost down here, then the rain has washed it away so its been ok. Pleasure to ride in this morning, in fact I got way too hot.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
monday mornings ride in at 7.15 am was scary looked ok then started to hit black ice and all went quiet so feet of pedals and coasted along kerb then got off and walked it was that icy , roll on spring

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Last Friday was fine (even at -7) as most of the snow / compacted snow-ice had gone in the previous week.

Unfortunately, it snowed at the weekend again and again lightly last night, meaning we're back to where we started (along with even the best roads have a topcoat of thin, wet slush this morning. Scary but entertaining on the back roads and paths where the weekend's snow & ice lurked beneath the fresh slush!

Mind you, after falling down a few stairs this morning on my way out of the flat I'd alreadt had my biggest scare / heart-stopper before I even set off on the bike!

Top Bottom