ID?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spenny_da_penny

Hello all new here just trying to ID this old raligh iv had foe a few years now the only peice of info on it is the frame number "NS0015107" to the rear of the seat pole but other then that there are no other markina bar a small S on the BB but Google is about as helpful as trying to find a needle in a haystack
Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_20240115_161738.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
No idea I'm afraid but I'd guess it's from the sixties. It's a low end model, no frame derailleur hanger, band on shifters and plain lugs.
If you are really determined to find out use some thinners to strip off the paint and all should be revealed.
Someone with knowledge of Raleigh frame numbers should be able to help you out.

classic33

Leg End Member
N = Nottingham
S = December
15107 = The number of frames made that month. Yours would be the 15,107th frame.

Problems start with the Mark IV being built in Worksop, so should be a "W" not an "N".

Any picture of the badge in the headtube, and both rear dropouts?

midlife

Guru
Zero third digit is 1980, sort of reminds me of a large Raleigh Olympus with the pressed lugs and lamp boss.

midlife

Guru
Having mental brainstorm but think that the numbering system on the OP frame started 1972.?

OP frame is a mass produced frame of lower quality and not one of Raleigh Flagship models like the Pro

classic33

Leg End Member
Having mental brainstorm but think that the numbering system on the OP frame started 1972.?

OP frame is a mass produced frame of lower quality and not one of Raleigh Flagship models like the Pro
It'd answer the question of why an "N" and not a "W" for the start of the number.
Worksop being the place where the model mentioned in the first post was produced.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.

I tend to agree with you. The fork has a lamp bracket boss on the right hand side. Of course the fork may not be the original.

midlife

Guru
It'd answer the question of why an "N" and not a "W" for the start of the number.
Worksop being the place where the model mentioned in the first post was produced.

"raligh iv had foe" I guess means "Raleigh I have had for" in the OP, no mention of a model ?

Top Bottom