Identification help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chelle

Firstly may I start by saying that I know nothing about bikes other than how to ride one. My Uncle recently passed away and has left me his pride and joy. The story is his Claud Butler road bike was handmade, I'm not sure if it was ever ridden but he has kept it in pristine condition. It has the Olympic rings badge and the frame number is 147. I have read lots of post about identification but I can't seem to find anything that fits this frame number. It is one of those occasions when you had wished you had been listening when he was going on about it but now it's too late!! Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• Claud 3.jpg
    Claud 3.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Claud 4.jpg
    Claud 4.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 42

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@chelle sorry to hear about your loss

it almost looks brand new in those 2 pics , if you could post a picture of a side profile of the complete bike as that will give people a better chance of making a judgement

hope you are going to enjoy riding it

OP
OP
C

chelle

Thank you. Unfortunately the bike is currently 200 miles away from me so someone kindly sent me some photos. When I visit next I will get some better photos of the entire bike. The only other two I have are here....

Attachments

• Claud 1.jpg
    Claud 1.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Claud 2.jpg
    Claud 2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 36

classic33

Leg End Member
One of three possible
"There were three framesets produced personally by Claud, the Paris-Roubaix, XV111 Olympiad and the Regency-Continental. All were supplied with alloy seatpin and carried "The New Claud", "Claud Butler London England", and laurel wreath with Olympic rings transfers. Adverts for these "CB Himself Frames" are in early 1960 editions of Cycling."

All three built 1959-1960

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/nkilgariff/ClaudButler.htm

Last edited:
Top Bottom