Identify my Raleigh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jarle

Regular
Hi,

got a not-so-new Raleigh the other day, but there is no further specification of model. What do you say?

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Very nice ladies tourer 60s-early 70s by riveted head badge, try Retro Raleighs for model/catalogues around this vintage. The drum brakes would lead me to look on the early side of my time period.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's very nice jarle. Never seen those drum brakes before. What make are the derailleurs? That can also help date it. How are you planning to restore it?

OP
OP
jarle

jarle

Regular
Does the sticker with a flag and the text "Raleigh" and "Made in England" (in my case: near the bottom bracket) mean that the bike was made for export, or did such stickers appear on bikes made for the domestic market as well?

arch684

Veteran
I have a raleigh medale from 1983 the sticker near the bottom bracket has only the flag and made in england so you may be right

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Looking at those catalogues, it annoyingly doesn't have everything, so the closest I can see is a 'Royale 10' from 1983, followed by a 'Misty' from 1981.

Neither are identical paint/detailwise, so it might just be an earlier version of a Royale or similar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom