Identifying a Vintage Colnago

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian R

Hi everyone,
New to the forum !
Colnago 2.jpg
Colnago 3.jpg
Colnago 4.jpg
Colnago 5.jpg
Colnago 6.jpg

I was gifted an vintage Colnago (a bit worse for wear) and would ask for your kind assistance in identifying the model.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello Brian and :welcome: to the forum.

Not much of an expert on Colnago I'm afraid. Can't read the Colombia tubing decal as the pic is not clear.
Looks like a lot has been changed on it.
What is the numbering under the BB. Might not tell you the model but should give you a date, I'd say looks to be eighties.
Nice bike, what are your plans for it?

midlife

Guru
The precisia straight forks are much younger. The nutted rear brake, over bb cable guides and portacatena dropouts make the frame late 70's to early 80's

OP
OP
B

Brian R

Hello Brian and :welcome: to the forum.

Not much of an expert on Colnago I'm afraid. Can't read the Colombia tubing decal as the pic is not clear.
Looks like a lot has been changed on it.
What is the numbering under the BB. Might not tell you the model but should give you a date, I'd say looks to be eighties.
Nice bike, what are your plans for it?
I found a more pristine image of the tube decal.
I plan to slowly bring it back to authenticity. There's been some odd (or simply price point) replacements on the bike.
Shimano 600 chainring, shimano suntour shift levers and seat post. Rear derailleur is Campagnolo Super Record, brakes are Modolo, mavic rims, modolo gum resin brake hoods.
It's light as a feather.

Attachments

• Colu806__68708.1533158313.jpg
    Colu806__68708.1533158313.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 8

midlife

Guru
The only colnago I can think of from that era with 3 cable guides is the sport. But the chrome isn't right. The BB clamp on cable guide is also a bit of a mystery. The respray and decals could hide what it left the factory as. Is it actually a colnago frame?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The decal should state the type of tubing used so maybe it's a respray one?
It's not a sport, I used to have one and it was rather heavy. Aele tubing.
Any BB numbers?

OP
OP
B

Brian R

Can't discern any yet. It's as light, if not lighter, as a Bianchi Campione del Mondo v12 that I have.

Top Bottom