Identifying Viking frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
pubrunner

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I'm almost certain that the head badge fitted to my Viking was the same as in the attachment; but does anyone know when they were used ?

attachment.php

And does anyone have a spare that they could flog me ???:rolleyes:

Cypher

Hi this is my first post (sorry if pictures dont work) I found your site while trying to identify my bike that ive had for 15 years. There is a Viking stamp on the handle bars but thats it, she has been resprayed & the paint is cracked so im looking for an original colour for her.

My question is " is she a Viking, if so any idea of the model"

I have taken some rough measurements Top tube 21 1/2" Seat tube 21 1/2" wheels centre/centre 40 1/2"

DSCF2873.JPG DSCF2874.JPG DSCF2875.JPG DSCF2879.JPG DSCF2887.JPG

Any help is apricated.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
the wrapover seat stays and nervex lugs suggests it's actually a carlton from no later than the 1970s.

Cypher

Thank you for that alec, iv just googled Carlton & i think she maybe a "Carlton Corsa"

Also the picture i found in the Carlton brochure 1971 the bike is purple.

Thanks again.

Goldie

Über Member
Where was the factory located tyred? I've got a Viking Superstar 12 and a catalogue which refers to "...the world's most advanced bike factory..."(!) and I've always had a geek-ish interest in finding out exactly what that looked like. I wondered whether it might have been the result of a government backed DeLorean style investment in NI's economy that the bikes ended up being built there.

Here's mine, anyway - first photo just after finishing British Heart Foundation Manchester - Blackpool night ride...

DSC03658.jpg

DSC02444.jpg

I briefly looked after this blue Superstar 10 as well

DSC02997.jpg

DSC02990.jpg

Goldie

Über Member
Your Superstar looks in really good shape. There's some beautiful scenery in your Flickr photostream too!

Top Bottom