Identity Crisis !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I popped into Halfords today to have a look at the Carrera Kracken MTB ... i was looking at the 09 model and the chap asked if i needed any help so i said i'd like to have a look at the Kracken so he got it off the stand and said i could have a ride around the car park to see if i liked it ... so off i go and have a ride, when i came back in the chap says how did you get on ? well i say it seems a bit to big i felt very stretched out ? so then he says ... not being funny mate but with your physique you should try the ladies version :sad: naturally i got a bit defensive and said no no i just need a smaller size, no honestly he says give it a go, so i did and it felt much better than the blokes one :biggrin: it was much comfier and i felt more in control whilst riding ... it looks exactly the same as the mens version being all black BUT the name Carrera is written in Pink :hugs: he did say he would do me a good deal if i took the 08 model though

Would you ride a bike that had the Pink name on it ?

Here's a link but you need to enlarge the picture to see the pink writing

Simon

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
It will go well with your pink T shirt. That is you in the avatar pic isnt it?

Seriously if the bike felt comfy and came at a good price I would buy it quite happilly but I strongly suspect that the shop has had it for ages and just want to offload it so if the colour scheme bothers you insist on a smaller size mans version.

If you do buy it barter hard you may get a really good deal.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
but you gotta like this shurely.....?
subaru-gary-fisher-short-sleeve-jer.jpg

GrasB

Veteran
I'd say go for it as I'll let you into a little secret... my 650C wheeled fixie, my fasted bike by a noticable margin, is a ladies 51cm frame (it's stamped on the bottom of the BB)!

If you object to the pink you can get a sticker made up to go over the top or use some high-viz/reflective/retro-active tape.

Davidc

Guru
I once had an old 3 speed Raleigh I picked up at a jumble sale for going shopping on - and it had a pink painted frame. Never bothered locking it outside the coop in Hove, and it never got nicked! The pump did , but it was black IIRC.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
bike looks OK to me and if it suits you and it's a good price then why not.

one of two things seems to have happened here, either he really is trying to get rid of old stock and you got lucky that the bike fits, or this guy knows what he's talking about and he's done you a favor ;)

Top Bottom