Idiot, prat cyclists!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Debian

Rarely have I witnessed such idiotic behaviour!

8pm this evening, I was giving SWMBO a lift to the pub. Driving along a fast, one lane each way main road heading towards Broughton Hackett at dusk. Coming round a sweeping left hand bend I see two cyclists ahead, late teens / early twenties?, both dressed in dark clothing, one with a dim rear light and one with no light.

One was almost on the centre line broadside on to me, it almost looked as though he was turning back to see why his mate was lagging behind! OK, I saw them in plenty of time and slowed down to wait for a passing opportunity. A few seconds later and I'm starting to overtake when idiot, plonker, w****r boy who was broadside on to me earlier decides to do the same again when I'm almost level with his rear wheel! Sharp braking on my part and then I decide I'm better gone than stuck behind these prats playing games.

A few minutes later when I 've dropped the missus off and returning home I see the same pair of idiots, obviously on the opposite side of the road coming towards me, weaving all over the place. They decide to veer over towards my side of the road forcing me into the verge! No danger of collision because I was waiting for them to do something stupid but had I been someone less aware.....!

I have no idea if they were pissed, high or just acting the prat!

I very much doubt that they read this forum but on the offchance that they do - stop being zarking idiots, if you want to kill yourselves go and cycle over a cliff, not into someone's car! :laugh:

Crankarm

Guru
Eugh!!! ....... You seem annoyed ;).

WE DONT PAY ROAD TAX AND JUMP RED LIGHTS.

BSRU

A Human Being
Unfortunately this weekend, similar bad behaviour resulted in a cyclists death, in my local area. He decided to ride along a very busy, fast and unlit A road at night with no lights, giving the poor motorist no chance of seeing him before it was too late.

FazTheWookie

Driving in North Cumbria on Saturday I overtook a large group strung out over several hundred metres. Their contender for the Darwin award decided to go 'hands-free' as I was overtaking him, promptly swerved across the 2 metre gap I'd given him (it was a narrow road) and VERY nearly became one with my front wheel. The warm weather must have been getting to his brain - assuming he ever had one! Tsk!!

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

User3143 said:
It's up to the overtaking vehicle to make sure that you give enough room. Can't drive a car then don't bother.

errr.... not in these cases. It's up to the prats on bikes not to swerve into the path of the overtaking car!

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

User3143 said:
I suggest you read the HC it states that you should watch out for cyclists because they may without warning suddenly swere to avoid any hazards on the road i.e potholes, puddles.

There's no point arguing with that PoV, you are obviously being disingenuous.

GrasB

Veteran
While rule 213 says to give (motor)cyclists space & extra care rule 168 states "If a driver is trying to overtake you, maintain a steady course and speed, slowing down if necessary to let the vehicle pass. Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass. Speeding up or driving unpredictably while someone is overtaking you is dangerous."
Though this is mainly for other drivers it's also applicable to cyclists, giving someone 2m is reasonable, but not generous, space to let them avoid but the cyclist also has to act reasonably with respect to other road users.

Top Bottom