Idiots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
To the 6 roadies this morning, seen riding in the semi dark and fog with no lights. Well, I say "seen", but "barely saw and even then only once I was uncomfortably close".

Driving a bit too fast for the conditions, eh?

You know that bit about being able to stop in the distance you can see? That is for other people.
How can you possibly see cyclists, they come out of nowhere apparently? Unlike trees, parked cars, road signs.

I'm no idiot, I put lights and HiViz on my car when I park

potsy

Rambler
Do we have a Room 101 still? It would save time.
Seemingly not :rolleyes:

Tim Hall

true but if we all take care and use common sense then its got to help to a degree
You would hope. In (mumble) years of cycling, I've had two major crashes. The first, the driver, admitted his window was misted up so didn't see 14 stone of yellow jacketed Cateye lit cyclist heading towards him, so I got a ride on his bonnet. He got three points and £120 fine. 10(?) years later concussion, wrecked bike, four stitches and head f*ck courtesy of someone who ploughed into me on a roundabout. Again I was lit up and doing the right things. This time the police took no further action.

Real penalties for drivers who drive without due care and attention and dangerous driving would be a start.

(The results of googling "driving without due care" are in the main lawyers who offer ways to get you off)

Top Bottom