If a bike is on order, but not paid for, can the price go up before I take delivery?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Which, in bike terms, probably means cost cutting. So Tiagra becomes Claris; those nice wheelsets are now made from cheese, and gone are the Schwalbe tires for something from the Ming-ho rubber corporation.

As an example, I MUCH prefer everything about my 10 year old Ridgeback Panorama compared to the later offerings. Even the paint job and logo stickers look so much better.

You'll never be one of the cool kids with the latest gear will you :laugh:

Which, in bike terms, probably means cost cutting. So Tiagra becomes Claris; those nice wheelsets are now made from cheese, and gone are the Schwalbe tires for something from the Ming-ho rubber corporation.

As an example, I MUCH prefer everything about my 10 year old Ridgeback Panorama compared to the later offerings. Even the paint job and logo stickers look so much better.
I do wonder how Halfords manage to churn out their vanquish range at £450 with the latest Claris 2000 and carbon disc forks yet the nearest competition of say Trek, Giant or Specialized are north of £700! Is it volume or loss leading sales knowing they’ll make it back on Boardmans and C2W commissions from Indy dealers who accept the Halfords vouchers?

Decathlon are even starting to cut corners and downgrade Shimano to Microshift.

Jenkins

Legendary Member

I think this bike was specified with Shimano 105

Top Bottom