If a shop failed to keep you informed WWYD?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Shops moan about people flocking to the internet but imo they need to up there game in the customer service stakes. It’s the cheapest form of loyalty for me.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
What jefmcg said. Although I do tend to assume that people won't ring back when they say they will as usually it's scribbled down in a diary for someone on another day to deal with and then that person then just ignores it and leaves it for someone else.

However it would depend to me what the item was, the resources of the shop, how much of an ask it was getting hold of it. I'd also take into account the time of year - Easter is hell in some parts of retail.

Some places are pretty bad at email for similar reasons as to call backs.

Drago

Legendary Member
I would take my business elsewhere. If they can't keep a promise re a phone call, what hope is there of keeping their promises with something substantive, like supplying you with goods or services?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I think good customer service is one of the things that would stop me turning to the internet to buy things.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Say if a shop was supposed to be ringing you after two days then nobody bothered and it was now day 4 and you had sent an email which also wasnt replied to would they lose your custom? or would you not be bothered?

Good customer service goes a long way. I’m looking for a TV sound bar. Billy in Curry’s was hugely helpful. I’ve chosen which one, I’ll go back and make sure he gets the sale in case he’s on commission. I won’t look online.

A few weeks ago, in the same store, the girl on the Carphone Warehouse concession area treated me with total disinterest and like an idiot. I walked away.

I’ll always support a store or individual who gives great service even if it costs more. Poor service means walking away regardless of the deal.

Top Bottom