If anyone can tell me how a...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

..rabbit can move wooden stops (which are on the opposite side to IT) so that a hutchdoor can be opened and it can 'escape - thus beginning a frantic near hour long search and chase session at 6 AM this morning...:biggrin::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::smile::angry:xx(:angry::tongue:;):evil::sad::evil:

After leaping many garden fences, scrambling thru' bushes and risking arrest by a worried neighbour thinking they where being burgled with some weirdo creaping round a garden/s saying "here Charcoal,...here Charcoal,"... :thumbsdown:

RESULT: a near dead rabbit and if I would have had my way i'd be eating the bugger now..eventually a neighbour managed to sweet talk it enough to grab it so I could nearly strangle it :biggrin: nah seriously ~ like you cant exactly take a rabbit for walkies :biggrin: though I did see someone once taking a cat for a walk on a lead ! NO JOKE !!!

AND JUST FOR THE RECORD IT WAS IN THE HUTCH 'LOCKED UP' UPON GOING OUT THE BACK UPON COMING DOWNSTAIRS 1ST INSTANCE...

It must have a 'Friend' :biggrin:) on the 'outside' :biggrin:.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
yenrod said:
..rabbit can move wooden stops (which are on the opposite side to IT) so that a hutchdoor can be opened and it can 'escape - thus beginning a frantic near hour long search and chase session at 6 AM this morning...:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::biggrin::evil::biggrin::evil:

After leaping many garden fences, scrambling thru' bushes and risking arrest by a worried neighbour thinking they where being burgled with some weirdo creaping round a garden/s saying "here Charcoal,...here Charcoal,"... :thumbsdown:

RESULT: a near dead rabbit and if I would have had my way i'd be eating the bugger now..eventually a neighbour managed to sweet talk it enough to grab it so I could nearly strangle it :biggrin: nah seriously ~ like you cant exactly take a rabbit for walkies ;) though I did see someone once taking a cat for a walk on a lead ! NO JOKE !!!

AND JUST FOR THE RECORD IT WAS IN THE HUTCH 'LOCKED UP' UPON GOING OUT THE BACK UPON COMING DOWNSTAIRS 1ST INSTANCE...

Well I did twice see a rabbit on a lead being taken for a walk. No Joke - Walkies on a lead !!

BTW Did anyone video your early morning antics? Cos that would be getting lots of views on YouTube :biggrin: :biggrin:

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

twentysix by twentyfive said:
Well I did twice see a rabbit on a lead being taken for a walk. No Joke - Walkies on a lead !!

BTW Did anyone video your early morning antics? Cos that would be getting lots of views on YouTube :biggrin: ;)

The neighbour was in her nightgown :biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Our rabbit used to go around on a lead with my mum walking it. It had the normal lead then an extendable dog lead. It did run after/away from something fast once and my mum had to try and get rid of some of the blow when the lead just stopped.
Its now trained enough to just stay in our garden and whenit does something wrong we shout its name and it stops, looks at us and walks away from what it was doing. Very clever.
Its abit tired now, it was around my aunties hows with her female rabbit, getting abit of action.:biggrin: Not sure if it will be pegnent, it went round and did the other one last time but that one has died. Just waiting to see if there are going to be baby rabbits now.
How old was this neighbour then Yenrod?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Put a load of bolts on it, in a run and teach the rabbit. If ours getis out its run when my mum is on her way out her saying its name and telling it to get back in soon gets it shifting.
Our old rabbit was a bugger to catch though. It didnt get much training and when it was let out it would go everywhere. Only way to catch that was for my dad to just grab it.(often by the scruff of its neck and turn it upside down)
Apparently if you keep the rabbit turned upside down for a while, and they get used to it, you can tur them upside down, put them down on the gras and they will just lie there on their backs.
Must be like if you rock chickens to sleep. Does it really work?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
twentysix by twentyfive said:

BTW Did anyone video your early morning antics? Cos that would be getting lots of views on YouTube :tongue: :smile:

yet more bizarre, my daughter has reins for her guinea pigs ;)

Mr Pig

Maybe a fox opened it but got scared off before it could grab flopsy. Foxes can open simple latches and chew threw chicken wire. You need weld mesh and good latches to keep them out.

Could the rabbit have just battered the door open? They're quite strong. You were lucky to get it back. When they escape they usually get disorientated and head off never to be seen again.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Rabbits have opposable thumbs... look!
rabbit.jpg

Top Bottom