If I were to change my budget?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robson3022

Was planning on spending £1000 on a cyclocross and the options are huge!!

However have been thinking about it a bit and what could I get for £500?

Brand new I can't find a lot, in fact it's the same story with second hand! Ever the boardman which I could get for £899-£70 with the current offer people are still asking £700 for second hand.

Anyone got any ideas?

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
No experience of the bike, but I have most of those components on my tourer and they all work well enough, though they are all low end shimano wise.

EBC have a reputation for being able to build a decent bike.

Was planning on spending £1000 on a cyclocross and the options are huge!!

However have been thinking about it a bit and what could I get for £500?

Brand new I can't find a lot, in fact it's the same story with second hand! Ever the boardman which I could get for £899-£70 with the current offer people are still asking £700 for second hand.

Anyone got any ideas?

is this for commuting - or actually for cyclocross..??

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I was coming back to say that bny. It's probably a bit heavy for a CX, and current CX bikes are going over to disk brakes, but for commuting it would probably be fine.

OP
OP
R

Robson3022

It's for commuting initially but my football career is coming to an end at the tender age of 25. So was looking in the next year to possibly start competing a bit. Wouldn't want to buy a bike and have to upgrade I six months.

VamP

Banned
It's for commuting initially but my football career is coming to an end at the tender age of 25. So was looking in the next year to possibly start competing a bit. Wouldn't want to buy a bike and have to upgrade I six months.

Oh the urge to upgrade will be strong regardless of what you get initially :evil:

how about this

Top Bottom