If it ain't broke...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
A spin-off from the 'Count to 100' thread...FWIW. Nothing much, really. It just...struck me.
progress.jpg

Panter

Just call me Chris...
But then this would be a more suitable equivalent image for a modern "racing" bike

stradalli_phantom_ii_carbon_triathlon_bike_shimano_duara-ace_electronic_50-85_1.jpg

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
But then this would be a more suitable equivalent image for a modern "racing" bike

stradalli_phantom_ii_carbon_triathlon_bike_shimano_duara-ace_electronic_50-85_1.jpg
But neither bike was a racing bike. They were just 'bikes'. (I only did racing cars because the 1906 pic was racing cars.) Imagine the difference between a 'normal' non racing car of the turn of the century and its equivalent today. Utterly different. Whereas other than the handlebars, those two bikes look all but identical, despite being separated by over a century. I thought it was kind of interesting.

(That is one fugly bike, BTW!)

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
No apology required! I wasn't put out or anything. Maybe my pics weren't clear - or rather, the point I was sort of trying to make with them. Really can't see eye to eye with you on the bike though - I'm sure it's quick, but to me that thing has all the grace and elegance of a recycling bin.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I quite like it although I can't see any pedals.

Top Bottom