If you could make a dream come true

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To have the best job in the world, fannying about with bikes all day long every day with the nicest bunch of people (which I already have) but about 223 miles nearer to She.

Abitrary

I'd like to have a circle of professional friends who all sit around wearing white aran rollneck jumpers and specsavers best range, in a pub on a windswept country hill, sipping halfs of guiness and wine, and it's all in soft focus... and everyone's gently laughing and smiling knowlingly and lolling their heads against each other's shoulders.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Abitrary said:
I'd like to have a circle of professional friends who all sit around wearing white aran rollneck jumpers and specsavers best range, in a pub on a windswept country hill, sipping halfs of guiness and wine, and it's all in soft focus... and everyone's gently laughing and smiling knowlingly and lolling their heads against each other's shoulders.
ooh, that sounds good! I'm there! is there a roaring fire, and just a frisson of intrigue and chemistry between me and the woman in the corner who looks like the drummer out of the Corrs? ;)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Abitrary said:

Can I assume that one or two women appear in this scenario? And what do I we they look like and do? :evil:

yenrod

Smokin Joe said:
A f*cking dry day would do me.

Smoke - i'd like to share your wish !

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, it would be nice to make someone else's dream come true but if you are talking about a personal dream...

I'm trying to earn a living online so I suppose my dream would be to make enough doing that to be able to pay my bills, pay off my debts, have some left over to start saving for retirement (I don't have a pension plan), and best of all - to be able to afford to go on cycling holidays again :biggrin: !

yenrod

ColinJ said:
Well, it would be nice to make someone else's dream come true but if you are talking about a personal dream...

My Name is Earl is a bit like that - innocently funny.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
There is a wonderful series of photographs and snippets of life stories of children of all different national origins now living in the UK, in the Guardian magazine today. There are so many sad stories, but the most heart-breaking of all is reading about the dreams of one particular young lad from Ghana, wanting to become a doctor and go back to Ghana to help. It's not his story this time that is so tragic, but the note underneath that explains that he died suddenly in May from meningitis.

My dream these days is simple. I would like to be happy, growing old together with my wife.

Top Bottom