If you park your bike outside London Bridge...

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by MissTillyFlop, 11 Jul 2012.

1. MissTillyFlop

MissTillyFlop Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.

If you left your bike outside the new Shard exit chained onto the fence and you are near enough to go and move it, I would advise doing so.

I saw station staff putting up signs next to bikes that were already there stating no bikes must be left there and any left would be removed:

jt739c.jpg

2. Brains

Brains Guru

Reminds me of the situation outside a building on Cowcross Steet a few years back, the company decided they did not like the couriers parking their bikes on the railings and so removed a couple of bikes.

The following night the railing were removed

Total length was about 50m, it left the basement open, which then had to be boarded up, new railings made and fitted, it must have cost tens of thousands of pounds. The new railings were made bike friendly

MissTillyFlop and 4F like this.
  3. Blurb

Blurb Über Member

Many years back had my car towed away after they painted yellow lines around it during the day. No prior warnings, nothing! Got my car back and a refund eventually. Camden council!

MissTillyFlop likes this.
  4. Mushroomgodmat

Mushroomgodmat Über Member

out of curiosity...seeing as network rail is a private company, and it looks as if the rails are on the opposite side of the side walk, and presumably on public land do they actually have a right to remove anything?

5. OP
    OP
    MissTillyFlop

MissTillyFlop Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.

Interesting question - anyone know the answer?

6. Davidc

Davidc Guru

What is a side walk?

7. Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic Guest

It's what a crab does when walking on the pavement (or the beach).

MissTillyFlop likes this.
  8. Brains

Brains Guru

Knowing the layout of that station, I suspect it's not public land

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice