1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you were home secretary for a week...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by domtyler, 31 Aug 2007.

1. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Which law would you push through?

I would go for "Harrassing a cyclist/cyclists".
    Burden of proof = Low
    Sentence = 2 years imprisonment + 10 year ban from holding a driving license.
    ;):biggrin:

2. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

I think I'd concentrate on enforcing the existing laws.

3. spen666

spen666 Guru

I'd concentrate on undermining the PM so I can have his job

4. ajevans

ajevans New Member

I'd repeal all the moronic laws that have been pushed through in the past few years, starting with the religious hatred nonsence.

5. barq

barq Senior Member

Well a week wouldn't be enough time, but I'd like to put back some of the civil liberties that have been eroded over recent years. There have been hard-won rights which have been swept away far too lightly.

I suspect being home secretary is an entirely thankless task. Whatever my criticisms of them, they all have my deep sympathy!

6. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

I'd forget the principles of my youth, and our party's manifesto commitments, undermine civil liberties, alienate further the public sector, push through poorly thought-out and untested reforms in education and health, throw my weight around and try to look macho, cave in to the yellow press, interfere with the judiciary, and generally try my best to look an arse.

Not very original, I know.