If you were told.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
go cycling

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
I think i would go potty.
It means so much to me.Great mates.People in cafes.Being outside visiting places.And by hell do we have some great scenery up here in Yorkshire.

I can be in York in 11/2 hours steady through some great little villages.
Going the other way The Dales,going past Bolton Abbey i never get tired of that run.

And for some peace and quiet the L&L canal.With it's colours and it's boats.
With a stop at B 5 R Locks then on to Skipton.
Then a run out to our coast lines Scarb' or Brid.
I hope it never happens that i'm told sorry Bob it's time to stop.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
limey said:
Depends on why he said it, but if I didn't agree, I would get a second opinion. I'd probably go for a second opinion anyway.

I'd also go for a second opinion. And I'd cycle there. :smile:

Depends on why. I would probably look for ways round it:

Broken undercarriage = recumbant
Failing eyesight = tandem stoker
Busted knees = new gears and no more big hills
Broken legs = hand-cycle

Davidc

Guru
Thought I'd be going that way at one point last year, but they just said keep off it for 18 weeks and then the more the better.

One consultant told me that most people ask "Will I live?" not "Will I still be able to ride my bike?". Still can't see what the difference is.

Funny thing that. The question did indeed come up, last week when I was at the doctor's (and later the hospital) with suspected angina (false alarm). I did mutter to the doctor something like 'worst possibly thing you could say to me at this moment, tell me to lay off the bike'. He reassured me: 'no, no chance of that, our aim will always be to get you back on the bike ASAP'.

But of course for some people there's no option. My father-in-law simply found he no longer had the strength, nor the sense of balance, after suffering a stroke. But he did invest in a battery-assisted trike. It gave him some measure of independence for his few remaining years - and he wasn't bound to his car.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
661-Pete said:
But of course for some people there's no option. My father-in-law simply found he no longer had the strength, nor the sense of balance, after suffering a stroke. But he did invest in a battery-assisted trike. It gave him some measure of independence for his few remaining years - and he wasn't bound to his car.

For me if that was the option it would still be better than no bike at all.

Top Bottom