If you won a prize

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Dayvo said:
Bouillabaise (sp) with the appropriate (and lots of) wine in a restaurant in Ia on the north of Santorini in the Cyclades, looking west at the setting sun over the Aegan Sea! ;)

http://www.oldoiahouses.gr/

Followed by a stonking coffee and a LARGE brandy whilst listening to Yanni - a Greek Mike Oldfield, kind of. :biggrin:

Just noticed you're in Stockholm. One of the best meals I've had recently(ish) was at Den Gyldene Freden (taken there by a Swedish colleague).

asterix

Comrade Member
The best meal I have had recently was in the Pyrennees. After a long day climbing we hadn't seen a food shop anywhere nor did we know where there was a campsite, it was red hot and the road only went up. We had run out of water.

We fixed the water shortage when we found a crack in the rocks with a small metal pipe spouting cold water.

After a lot more climbing we found a campsite sign which led us to a very pleasant site where they told us of a restaurant not far away. This turned out to be a kind of ski hotel, obviously out of season and with next to no staff. Nevertheless, there were people out on a patio obviously having a meal, so we asked for a menu! They weren't sure what to make of it as they were clearly not open, but asked us to the bar and fixed us a drink, at this point they asked if we were German but we said British. That appeared to be tolerable and we were asked if we would like beef!

Having been acceptrd they took us to the patio and gave us a magnificent 4 course meal with wine to match. At the end, they presented a bill for about £8, including our drinks at the start..

yenrod

An italian type of meal on the shores of lake como or such like in the evening in the summer..(my eyes are misting up now as I've done it and it was....{da questo mondo}

Melvil

A picnic by the sea (on the beach, basically) on one of the summer isles in th e Scottish highlands, with my nearest and dearest pals.

That would do nicely.

postman

Legendary Member
Lermoos Austrian Tyrol a small village the cafe also bakes for the village.They have a decking area that over looks the valley .It blows your socksoff.Home made cake and latte coffee.

I have been so fortunate to have experienced many fine meals in many great places, but 2 spring to mind:-

1. My first grilled whole squid with garlic on a beach restaurant in Ibiza.
2. Scallops on black pudding in the at Hetton.

I know this sounds arrogant, but I have eaten at some of the best restaurants in the world, and good simple food is always the best.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
You're right Trembler, that's why my favorite would be sitting in a car in Portreath Car Park in the winter, with a strong Westerly wind blowing and watching the waves break over the pier, whilst I'm eating an homemade Cornish Pasty would be one for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 5238795, member: 259"]We spent yesterday evening doing this. Smashing. And then we spent this afternoon doing this. Perhaps less smashing but on a boat.

So do I claim the prize for oldest thread revival ever?

:cheers:[/QUOTE]
Congratulations. Have *****Metaxa on me.

[QUOTE 5238795, member: 259"]We spent yesterday evening doing this. Smashing. And then we spent this afternoon doing this. Perhaps less smashing but on a boat.

So do I claim the prize for oldest thread revival ever?

:cheers:[/QUOTE]

Double like from me. Reading the archives and your being in the Greek islands. Mind you, I'm a bit perturbed that you remembered my post and this thread: anorak.

IF you get the chance, go to Naxos and one of my favourite beaches in the whole universe (although I haven't been there for nearly 20 years). Plaka Beach

5975b4ceb0414.jpg

Top Bottom