If you're looking for a folding bike ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpareSprocket

I don't normally post in this forum as I don't have a folding bike but whilst looking for something else amongst the reduced items found today by CyberCycle I noticed that Evans Cycles have loads of Tern folding bikes reduced, some by as much as 25%. I don't know much about them but if someone is looking for a folder at the moment, this might prove useful.

I thought that I'd post it here rather than in the more general 'Found a bargain' thread - hope that's ok. If not, mod's please move this post.

Not all of the Tern bikes are reduced - this link takes you to the list of ones that are reduced.

seadragonpisces

Über Member
Great deals, all now listed as 25% off. I didnt want to pay £2300 for a Tern X20 and now its 25% off and I bought something else instead, gutted.

Great deal for a quality bike with good wheelset, good frame and SRAM red parts, :-)

OP
OP
S

SpareSprocket

Oh that's a shame. After I posted I did a bit of research and it seems that Tern bikes were set up by the son of the founder of Dahon and seems to sell bikes that are essentially the same so those look like some excellent deals.

Taken from this page:

http://www.atob.org.uk/folding-bikes/folding-bike-buyers-guide-uk/

"Joshua Hon has now broken away from hid father’s company Dahon, and set up a younger, slicker company, initially selling similar (and in some cases identical) bikes. Range is much simpler and easier to understand, with just five frame styles and 22 variants in all, from the 20-inch Verge to the 26-inch Joe. Prices will not settle until former Dahon dealers have sold off their very similar stock, but the general view is that Tern bikes will be competitively priced. Our hunch is that the company will go on to bigger and better things in a year or two."

seadragonpisces

Über Member
there are more knowledgeable people than me on here on the dahon/tern position but at least there is a good choice of bikes from the 2 companies, its a pity you cant get the higher spec dahons you used to see about, eg, the Smooth Hound, as you couldnt get them here but at least we have Tern, probably my favourite folder. I ended up selling my Dahon Jetstream and went for a Pacific Reach and I love it but one day I might get my Tern X20 :-)

Top Bottom