Ikea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
˙ʇno ʎɐʍ ʎɯ puıɟ ɹǝʌǝu puɐ ʇsol ʇǝƃ ı ǝsɐɔ uı 'ɯǝɥʇ ɹǝʇuǝ oʇ pıɐɹɟɐ ɯ,ı ʇnq 'ooʇ ɹǝpun uʍop sǝɹoʇs ɐǝʞı ǝʌɐɥ ǝʍ

They have arrows on the floor pointing you in the right direction so it is easy to get lost find your way out/around :thumbsup:

alicat

Legendary Member
My mother and I went to Ikea in Denmark one Monday lunchtime in late September one year and were given strange looks when we asked for lunch.

After some head scratching we realised we had spent a day and a half without realising the clocks had gone back. That was the highlight of the trip.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I hate going to Ikea but it is a necessary evil. Last time I went I could hardly manage the heavy flat packs by myself, never anybody to help you. I could hardly fit it in the car and I was crushed in the drivers seat, a set of billy bookcases right down the center of the car to fit in and obstructing the handbrake and part of the gear lever, luckily it was an auto. Still not a nice 90 mile drive home. If I had a crash all that crap would of killed me. Still it's worth it as the furniture is reasonably priced and very well made. Would be nice to have more money and not suffer the place, sigh....

young Ed

Veteran
not sure if being half Swedish i have it as a natural instinct or something?! but i don't find navigating round Ikea difficult/hard/tiresome/a nightmare! haha
just follow and trust the simple and easy to understand signs and arrows and boom it just works :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

My mother and I went to Ikea in Denmark one Monday lunchtime in late September one year and were given strange looks when we asked for lunch.

After some head scratching we realised we had spent a day and a half without realising the clocks had gone back. That was the highlight of the trip.

Yeah, Denmark has that effect on people! :smile:

i don't find navigating round Ikea difficult/hard/tiresome/a nightmare! haha just follow and trust the simple and easy to understand signs and arrows and boom it just works :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

Some people can't do anything without a GPS. :thumbsup:

Lullabelle

Banana
I am not by nature a shopper but IKEA I adore. Their stuff is good and quirky. Some of it is twee and some not very sturdy, I agree but they do serve a good breakfast and their meatballs and chips has to be tried at least once in your life.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The Decathlon in Coventry's about as far away from you as Giltbrook, but the Ikea in Cov is further away. Less chance of someone spending your money on wardrobes...
Less chance of me going at all then , i seriously dont need any new clothes etc and i just did n-1 to clear some stuff .

Top Bottom