Ikea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Ikea is next to decathlon , a few browsing trips have been suggested by me as a pretext ...................

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Hmmm... I don't think so. The crossbar on the 'e' gives it away. The ascender of the 'd' is also slightly curved.

Oops, I was looking at the wrong sign. I was looking at the hanging sign and hadn't spotted the Comic Sans abomination - a case of selective blindness I think.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Didn't Ikea make a little table that fit into the space betwixt the top,down, seat, and headtubes of a bike, so you could take a picnic and have a little table for it? Or some such rot.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The real crime in this photo is that 'All lids are sold separately' has been set in Comic Sans. Whoever did that deserves to have their fingernails peeled off.
Oh not another member of The Font Police.

Last year i was in the unfortunate position of trying and failing to convince a customer that Comic Sans was not the best choice of font for his new website... he claimed it was the best choice because all his business cards were in Comic Sans too... I suggested something a bit more 'classy', similar to the font used on the front of his shop in Preston... he said that was going to be changed to Comic Sans too. The customer is always right... but that's one website design that didn't make it into my portfolio.

As for Ikea, I've never been to one.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
You're a lucky man to be blessed with such an affliction.

It came in very handy when the head of sixth form in my school initiated a deforestation program by sending out reams of documentation covered with the font having persuaded the senior management team that it was a suitable distinct and appropriate part of the house style that she wanted to identify the the sixth form as a separate organisation within the school. It made her missives instantly identifiable as destined for the recycling bin unread along with the unread junk mail from educational suppliers.

Persuading youngsters to abandon the font upon their arrival from primary school was a protracted affair....

young Ed

Veteran
Over yeur Boyo.

That's Welsh.

Multi lingual I am.

Edit.

Just joshin' around @young Ed & @Dayvo

Out of interest - Swedish born, parentage or residence for a while ??

Must actually learn a language properly (I might start with English)
Swedish mum, English, northern Irish and Scottish dad so a right old mongrel my self! haha
mum has always spoken it to me and my brother so picked it up with ease and i think i got that first before English even though i always lived here in England!
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom