iLB's ride to India ...progress report...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Rather then putting this in the Ferry thread I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread tracking his progress.

I'll update it as and when I can. I will also try get the wandering wastrel to pop in and post when he can.

The first leg, roughly plotted. Mum is not so big on Google maps. Wheels turning imminently

upload_2016-3-24_12-2-9.png

There really are a lot of people riding in Holland. 105 k yesterday, around 100k today. Made it to the Jaspers in Oldebroek this evening.

upload_2016-3-24_12-3-28.png

Was a real slog in the second half of the day but the sun and views made up for it
upload_2016-3-24_12-4-34.png

A truely glamorous lifestyle. 172km into a headwind over two days, legs definitely feeling it. Shower and recharge on the ferry then Holland in the morning
upload_2016-3-24_12-5-27.png

Spent some time definitely not going the right way today. Rescued by awesome German family tonight
upload_2016-3-24_12-6-40.png

Getting into the swing of life on the road, snuck the tent on the edge of a football pitch last night. Crossed into Germany this morning. Following the euroweg to Berlin , where did the sun go !?
upload_2016-3-24_12-7-29.png

Pulling Aurora out of the shadows to hit the road again this morning. South and east towards the German border.
upload_2016-3-24_12-8-16.png

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Is there a short summary of his plans? How long is he intending to take and when did he set off?

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Is there a short summary of his plans? How long is he intending to take and when did he set off?

Hi plans are more on the hoof to see how it goes rather then anything set in stone. But he's hoping to be in India for the summer. He'll be staying with friends in Berlin and also in Romania.
He set off on the 17th.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm guessing he means Horn-Bad in Meinberg germany. And from Wikipedia

Horn-Bad Meinberg is a town in the Lippe district of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, with c. 17,185 inhabitants (2013). It was formed in 1970 by merging various other towns that had grown together, including Bad Meinberg and Horn - the new entity's original name was Bad Meinberg-Horn, before taking its present name.
Horn-Bad Meinberg is the location of the Externsteine, a rock formation consisting of several tall, narrow columns.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
I'm guessing he means Horn-Bad in Meinberg germany.

He means Horn-Bad Meinberg. I cycled there last year and climbed up those same rocks.

Thanks for making this thread by the way. Very interesting.

Top Bottom