400bhp
Legendary Member
So, how can they conclude that I'm a higher risk driver if 1) I didn't cause the accident 2) my car was parked 3) never had an accident / claim before 4) I'm not a high mileage driver (5,000 miles per year for the last 10 years) 5) I'm not in a high risk age under 25 or over 55....
My first statement is still valid in MHO Insurance companies aim is to screw their customers right, left and centre.
1. Already explained.
2. Already explained
3. Your past experience doesn't have a direct and full bearing of your future risk
4. Nothing to do with the particular point
5. Noting to do with it
As a general point, you are confusing your own personal specific circumstances with the wider remit of insurance to pool risk. They cannot cover every individual circumsnatce, be that a particular accident or a particular driver. Well, they could but the admin costs would be sky high and hence premiums would be huge.

"