I'm a Great Uncle! What to get...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
An England flag.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Congratulation @Brandane
I would open a private pension for the wee one, put a tenner a month in it (or whatever) till she is 18 ^_^

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I don't remember any third generation relatives bothering too much with us!
She has enough Aunts and Uncles, Grandparents, Parents, and the rest who can get on with investing in her future and contribute to her first house :okay:.
I am after all, a mere great uncle. I reckon vouchers for some baby related stuff will suffice. We've never been big present givers in our family anyway. Not tight, but we don't go overboard either. All presents to nephews and nieces stop at age 21, which I think is totally sensible. When I hear of what others spend at Christmas and birthdays on their adult relatives, I just ask myself, WTF??

tyred

Legendary Member
She'll grow into it eventually :okay:

PaulB

Legendary Member
A tape recorder. Then record all the gurgling and very early attempts to speak and in 18 years time, say, 'What were you trying to tell us here?"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
A tape recorder. Then record all the gurgling and very early attempts to speak and in 18 years time, say, 'What were you trying to tell us here?"
Surely, you mean a mobile to record her sounds, to back them up in the cloud for listening to in 18 years time? :whistle:
Maybe Alexa can do this anyway ^_^

Top Bottom