I'm a little bit pleased with myself

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shrimp_Stu

Top stuff..... I find cycling is all about challenging yourself and monitor progress against yourself. I've come to accept that there is someone always faster than you and someone always slower you but as long as you enjoy riding your bike that is all that matters.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Well done with your achievements :smile: be careful to setup your saddle properly though, incorrect saddle position can do damage .

Have a look at sheldons site for guidance.

http://sheldonbrown.com/saddles.html#height

dharma66

Regular
Well done.

I found the same. I started in August with rasping lungs and raging thighs after 1.5 miles!

I struggled for weeks fighting the darned bike to go quicker, and failing miserably. Eventually, I did exactly as you, and thought, you know what, just enjoy it.

I'm now perfectly happy to cover 15 miles, and have felt so good at the end of that distance the last couple of times that this Sundays ride will be 20 miles.

Funny, but taking it easier nit only made it more enjoyable and less physically stressful, but it also made me move quicker with seemingly less effort. Like with most sports activity, relaxation goes a long way.

Keep it fun, smooth and without the flat-out battle every time, and you'll soon see your distance improving.

Just been out again and thought to myself that I'm gonna break the 5 mile barrier for the first time. Ended up doing 9.5 miles and it felt great. Had a problem with the front derailler so had a little play around with it when I got back and seemed to have fixed it with absolutely no knowledge of what I was doing. I really seem to be getting an understanding of this cycling lark. I love learning new things and I'm really enjoying this forray into the cycling work. Just need to start saving up for a road bike now as I imagine I'm gonna love it even more!!!

Fubar

Guru
As others have said well done and just enjoy yourself - you'll soon be pushing yourself further and faster than you imagined at the beginning. Have you set yourself any goals/challenges? Always a good motivator! Regards, Mark

clockhammer

Just been out again and thought to myself that I'm gonna break the 5 mile barrier for the first time. Ended up doing 9.5 miles and it felt great. Had a problem with the front derailler so had a little play around with it when I got back and seemed to have fixed it with absolutely no knowledge of what I was doing. I really seem to be getting an understanding of this cycling lark. I love learning new things and I'm really enjoying this forray into the cycling work. Just need to start saving up for a road bike now as I imagine I'm gonna love it even more!!!

well done dude and yes I think you'll love a road bike, I got one a few weeks back and my enjoyment of cycling has increased hugely. Great having the old MTB as back up and for muddy rides though :-)

Top Bottom