I'm a smelly winner.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Earlier this evening I entered a garlic eating competition and won it. The entrants had 1 minute to eat as many cloves of raw garlic as they could and I managed to gobble my way through 33 cloves. If I'd managed to eat another 4 cloves I would have won the Guinness world record. Now that I know I can get that close to the record I might possibly have an attempt at it sometime in the future.

In the meantime I'm going to enjoy my trophy and £100 prize money. I'm thinking along the lines of a £50 bet on the Scots to vote no in the referendum, £15 on a bottle of Tequila and £35 on Vinyl.

Lullabelle

Banana
Earlier this evening I entered a garlic eating competition and won it. The entrants had 1 minute to eat as many cloves of raw garlic as they could and I managed to gobble my way through 33 cloves. If I'd managed to eat another 4 cloves I would have won the Guinness world record. Now that I know I can get that close to the record I might possibly have an attempt at it sometime in the future.

In the meantime I'm going to enjoy my trophy and £100 prize money. I'm thinking along the lines of a £50 bet on the Scots to vote no in the referendum, £15 on a bottle of Tequila and £35 on Vinyl.

Congratulations :bravo: you may want to invest in breath mints :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
If the next 24 hours are anything like the 24 hours after last Wednesday practice runs there'll be lots of farts that stink of garlic and partially digested cloves deposited in the bog & a somewhat delicate belly ^_^ The cycle ride home from the competition wasn't the most comfortable ride I've had lol
Wind assisted & at the back of the pack I take it.

You are going to be sweating it for days. Apologise to your colleagues in advance.

Last edited:
Earlier this evening I entered a garlic eating competition and won it. The entrants had 1 minute to eat as many cloves of raw garlic as they could and I managed to gobble my way through 33 cloves. If I'd managed to eat another 4 cloves I would have won the Guinness world record.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/3000/most-cloves-of-garlic-eaten-in-one-minute

you were only 1 under the record (2 to set a new record)

Edit: oh, I just read the small print. That record may be out of date.

OP
OP
Jefferson Meriwether
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/3000/most-cloves-of-garlic-eaten-in-one-minute

you were only 1 under the record (2 to set a new record)

Edit: oh, I just read the small print. That record may be out of date.

The landlady showed me a printout she had from the website saying some American ate 36 cloves back in 2012. I'm wondering now where she found that page. If & when I have another bash at the record I'll go for 37; that way I'll definitely get the record, whatever the current record :smile:

Update news, guts aren't too bad at the moment though the chances of them getting a little bit uppity later on can't be ruled out :smile:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If the next 24 hours are anything like the 24 hours after last Wednesday practice runs there'll be lots of farts that stink of garlic and partially digested cloves deposited in the bog & a somewhat delicate belly ^_^ The cycle ride home from the competition wasn't the most comfortable ride I've had lol

That reminds me of when i worked in a wine bar/bistro years ago. I used to swallow chopped up garlic cloves for health reasons. One day some customers came in and commented on the "lovely bolognese type smell" prompting them to buy lasagne or whatever it was on the menu. The "lovely smell" was me breaking wind!:giggle:

Top Bottom