I'm an auntie!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
And was the birth plan adherred to? And is the baby's middle name 'Norville' by any chance?

Anyway, aunty, glad everything went OK!

Tetedelacourse

Good news indeed. Another safe arrival. All the best to the wee lad.

edit - also to your nephew Dom, little hands will be a cheap bike cleaning option!

TVC

Nice one Arch, let the spoiling begin!

Congratulations Arch, and double for the happy parents! Have a virtual beer / coffee and cake / glass of bubbly on me.

If you are heading this way I can point you in the direction of a nice 10-mile mostly off-road trail not far from Winchester... just about doable on a hybrid but MTB better.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
olivers aunty is here to stay, olivers aunty is on her way…

Fantastic! I shall be singing that all day!;)

As far as I know the birth was as desired, except sis had to go into hospital after for stitches. (Ow!) But they were both back home by yesterday evening and she sounded exhausted, but completely happy:biggrin:. She's threatened, I mean promised, me all the details later...

I passed on "congratulations from a load of people you don't know!"

I dunno when I'll get down to see him - don't like to impose too much at this time - especially as they now have a funeral to think about going to. But I'm going to be demanding photos by the score, and I started knitting a toy last night (a starfish, good for little hands to grasp, and something to be going on with while I knit the elephant).

Feels a bit odd, when I come to think about it, to have another member of the family to talk about - he's real now, not just a bump. We're not a huge family - so a whole new person is a really big addition.

Oh dear. I'm blubbing again...

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Nice one Arch!

What do you mean by 'a little slip of a thing' (btw isn't that what caused this whole situation in the first place?? :biggrin:) - my Wife is 4ft 11, was less that 8 stone (pre pregnancy) and our first was 8lb 1.5oz, let's just say it made my eyes water being there for the birth. ;);)

Tetedelacourse

Sh4rkyBloke said:
Nice one Arch!

What do you mean by 'a little slip of a thing' (btw isn't that what caused this whole situation in the first place?? :biggrin:) - my Wife is 4ft 11, was less that 8 stone (pre pregnancy) and our first was 8lb 1.5oz, let's just say it made my eyes water being there for the birth. :biggrin:;)

more like ;)

domtyler

Über Member
I really don't think you would be imposing if you popped down for a night or two Arch.

My mother in Law came down for a week when my girl was only a few weeks old which totally did my head in, but that is a bit different as she is an incessant 'advice' giver and interferer (has to be said I'm afraid!).

Have never met you, but I really don't think that you are anything like her, so get down there asap as they change extremely rapidly at this time of life.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:
I really don't think you would be imposing if you popped down for a night or two Arch.

My mother in Law came down for a week when my girl was only a few weeks old which totally did my head in, but that is a bit different as she is an incessant 'advice' giver and interferer (has to be said I'm afraid!).

Have never met you, but I really don't think that you are anything like her, so get down there asap as they change extremely rapidly at this time of life.

Yeah, I'm tempted to. I'll give it a few days and find out what they are going to do about this funeral - if they are all going to be up in Leicester for a day or so, I could nip down there... Before he was born I was thinking, well, photos will be fine, but actually now, I'd really like to see him (also, as my Mum was there, I feel a bit like the odd one out...;))

Wow, sharky, you get the record - my sis is about my height (sorry, that doesn't help - 5' 3ish) and I don't know what she weighed - probably not as little as 8 stone, but maybe not too much more. Let's just say, she seemed to think he was quite big enough!

As someone once said to me "Oh, you and your sister are really alike, but she's pretty...":wacko:

Top Bottom