I'm an idiot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

[Philip]

Riding to work today in South London. Little car behind me starts beeping at me. Won't pass me, just keeps beeping. I get cross and ask "would you mind awfully telling me if you have a problem of some kind?" (although less Downton Abbey and more The Thick of It) A very nice lady points out that my bag is unzipped and could be about to empty the contents all over Peckham High Street.

How stupid do I feel? And then some.

fossala

Guru
Nice woman, hope you said thanks :smile:

I posted once about a car pipping at me.... I turned my head sideways to give abuse when I realised it was one of my LBS staff.... (I work in car spares and bike to work he works in bike shop opposite and drives:whistle:)

Hip Priest

Veteran
I once gestured to a bloke to let him know his lights were off (it was dark). He slammed on and climbed out saying "You f---in' what?". So I said "Your lights are off mate." And he replied "Oh right...err...cheers mate."

DougieAB

Getting the messages
Done the saddle bag left open thing before and only noticed when I get to work. (Actually, think i've done it more than once :rolleyes: )

cd365

Guru
I did that on my motorbike a couple of years ago, lost all contents.
Traced the route back and picked half of it back up, still lost some stuff though

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
that reminds me of the time many moons ago when a mate in fronts rear pannier started unloading its contents on a very steep descent we had to dodge flying clothes

VamP

Banned
Had a car drive really close to me for a while at same speed, just as I got really irate, a bottle with energy drink got passed to me out of the passenger window. Was a club mate en-route to the same race, re-enacting his TdF soigneur fantasies :rolleyes:

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Seeing as I am not very famous in North Wales, its difficult to tell if someone is beeping out of rage, or beeping to get my attention. I had someone the other day who shouted at me as they passed. At the time, I thought they called me a 'self-gratification artist' but they actually said 'good bike'.

D

Deleted member 20519

Seeing as I am not very famous in North Wales, its difficult to tell if someone is beeping out of rage, or beeping to get my attention. I had someone the other day who shouted at me as they passed. At the time, I thought they called me a 'w*****' but they actually said 'good bike'.

I believe the word you're looking for is infamous.

Top Bottom