I'm back in the UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Had a wonderful tour and I did my best to keep brewery shares afloat. Rohit has learned how not to micromanage plans and just go with the flow he found it a struggle but hopefully he'll apply some of the lessons learned to his work as a headteacher. It must have been hard for him not to be in the driving seat. He's up for touring again and will explore the possibilities. He had an easy ride really as I did all of the planning. By planning I mean getting us to the start and getting us back from the end. It was a logistical nightmare dovetailing the availability of Eurostar, City Nightline and Eastcoast Mainline Trains. Getting back involved eight separate train journeys.

We managed to get drunk in five European capitals and have acquired significan tans. As mentioned in a previous posting, Budapest is the place to be and was placed at the top of the mainland cities that we visited.

Rank order, best at the top:

Budapest
Bratislava
Paris
Vienna

Then there was the incident with two unhappy women, two disobedient women, a bipolar train guard, a Mandarin speaking German Harrison Ford-y type person and two plain clothed policemen that made the journey between Munich and Paris interesting but elaboration will have to wait until later.

asterix

Comrade Member
Were the disobedient women happy? Or vice versa?

Anyway, where are pictures? We demand pictures and further explanations.

Please.

Top Bottom