I'm Bored & Ill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
and have to go back to work tomorrow - Blah!

Mr Plax has said I'm not allowed to cycle into work tomorrow. Do you think I should listen to him? I've a cold and a sore throat. Obviously I don't want to make it worse, but if it doesn't matter either way.......

I can't decide what to do either. I was thinking about playing on my PS3 or perhaps putting the Sims 3 on the PC. Then I thought maybe I should practice my guitar or watch a film. Then I thought perhaps I should read a book and go to bed early. Instead I have opened the box of chocolates I bought for my Taid's birthday (bugger, know I should have wrapped them as soon as I bought them) and am sitting here writing crap and drinking too much tea.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I should practice my guitar or watch a film

Play geeeetar!!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Chill out and rest.
If you're not well, keeping busy just eats at your reserves.
Don't give yourself a hard time.
Embrace the boredom.

There's no such thing as too much tea btw.:biggrin:

I'm going to play my geetar now too!:biggrin:

MGBLemonrider

I had a sore throat, started on boxing day, no great deal, took it to work. Sunday and Monday went for runs in my lunch breaks as normal. Think I've dragged it down in to my lungs. Every one else just had a bit of a sore throat.
So now a week later, all I'm doing is getting fat and coughing.
The only plus side I've obviously been using some muscles, more fully than normal. Because it hurts.
Waiting to shift this so I can get back on the rowing machine and start running and then if the weather lifts back on the bike.
So take it easy till it's passed.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Yeah, I keep meaning to practice my geetar more often. In fact it is one of my New Years resoultions.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
MGBLemonrider said:
I had a sore throat, started on boxing day, no great deal, took it to work. Sunday and Monday went for runs in my lunch breaks as normal. Think I've dragged it down in to my lungs. Every one else just had a bit of a sore throat.
So now a week later, all I'm doing is getting fat and coughing.
The only plus side I've obviously been using some muscles, more fully than normal. Because it hurts.
Waiting to shift this so I can get back on the rowing machine and start running and then if the weather lifts back on the bike.
So take it easy till it's passed.

Your not very active are you :biggrin:.

One of my New Years Resolutions is to get back into my running. I actually went on my running machine New Years Eve (good intentions and all that), and then I had the urge to run round to the corner shop afterwards in the snow (good way to cool down I thought! :biggrin:). Funnily enough I started getting a sore throat not long after.....

BigonaBianchi

Yeah, I keep meaning to practice my geetar more often. In fact it is one of my New Years resoultions.
are yop good at it? ..what style do you play?...maybe you can teach me a few things and I can teach you some of my ideas (was gonna say licks there but realised in time this was a family board):tongue:

Bman

Guru
MGBLemonrider said:
Waiting to shift this so I can get back on the rowing machine and start running....

eh!?

Plax said:
... I actually went on my running machine New Years Eve (.....

See, Plax has the right idea :tongue:

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
BigonaBianchi said:
are yop good at it? ..what style do you play?...maybe you can teach me a few things and I can teach you some of my ideas (was gonna say licks there but realised in time this was a family board):biggrin:

I'm rubbish. I play the classical guitar. I can teach you how to play jingle bells if you like? :tongue:
I have an elecro acoustic guitar as well, I was thinking of learning a few blues bits.

BigonaBianchi

I'm rubbish. I play the classical guitar. I can teach you how to play jingle bells if you like? :tongue:
I have an elecro acoustic guitar as well, I was thinking of learning a few blues bits.
I have a few blue bits right now:ohmy::biggrin:

Jingle bells..ok..I'll trade you that for...lets see...a Phrygian dominant mode..work for you?:biggrin:

Top Bottom