I'm feeling broody....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
LOL very probably why i'm single ha ha. mad ferret lady. Actually, i think it was Catherine on here who cycled past me while i was walking Bosley.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
you can walk them? that's great! I don't think my kitten Cass would take too lightly to that!

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
LOL yes, Bosley loves his walks, but Zero and Taffy don't quite "get" walking on a lead, and they just stand there looking at me.

One time someone went past in a van and shouted "get a real dog".

i think my ferret could easily kick his dogs ass.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
haha Summerdays... yes, maybe that sentence is missing an appropriate apostrophe! LOL ... "nephew's"

So went down to Newport today to see him. He is the most BEAUTIFUL colour. dark chocolate brown legs and tail and his body has a cream undercoat with dark chocolate brown on the end of the hairs. and a really dark mask. He's absolutely gorgeous.

Anyway, he got on fine with my boys. At first, i'll admit, i was a bit worried as he was very rough when he was playing but apparently he had seen another ferret for a while. I think he just got really over excited. Then he started to calm down so the staff just left me to watch over them; with it being 90 miles away I needed to be sure they got on so had to sit for a hour in the cold "playground" with them to make sure and, in the end, i was so cold i thought "sod this" and shoved 'em all in the same carrier to see what would happen. Bless em they all settled down.

o yea, and he wasn't even nippy. The woman came out with big gloves and i thought Uh Oh, but he was fine with me. He's very quick and playful though! hard to catch!

I think the staff were really pleased because they said they have a hard time rehoming ferrets. It was awful to see all the unwanted animals though. Cats and dogs ... and hundreds of rabbits thanks to places like Pets at Home. The woman say they get loads of rabbits from people that have bought from there and then don't look after them (i suppose really the responsibility lies with the owners not Pets at Home).

Anyway, i've put him in the shed and went out 10 mins later. my other 3 are in bed but he's still mooching around and looking a bit lost. bless him.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Quote:
Sorry! The animal you are looking for is no longer available, please click the link below to search for other animals

Well, he may be gone from there, but he will be in pics on here soon?

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
here he is:

Attachments

• Jacob.jpg
    Jacob.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 30

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I suggest you don't go looking at that site again... I think you would end up re-homing them all. Has he a name?

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
If only i could i would! when i win the lottery :wub:

All my ferrets are RSPCA rescues. Poor Zero was nearly dead from starvation when they found him, 3 of the 4 ferrets he was with were already dead but he and his brother survived. i wasn't allowed to have his brother because he was quite a fierce one! i heard he went to a good home though. i'm not sure what happend to Taffy and Bosley was kept in a dark broom cupboard.
His name is Jacob. He was admitted to the rspca when he was 2 days old. i think his name suits him so i'm going to keep it. He's gone to sleep now :wub: i can't wait to get up and play with him tomorrow

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Are ferrets like cats in that they choose you as their person. You might think you chose him, but that is not the case. :smile:

I agree that he is very handsome. Not sure that ferrets would like to be called "cute". :unsure: More pics please.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
I'm not sure they choose you, but they can certainly smell your fear. It's more that they choose each other really. some of them don't get on, and some are just friends from the start.

here is another piccy of him...

Edit: i have a sore knuckle today :angry:

Attachments

• Jacob1.jpg
    Jacob1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 28
Top Bottom