i'm getting...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Speicher said:
Dayvo - do you see the Aurora Borialis from where you are, are you too far south or are there too many street lights, neon signs etc?

Speicher!
It depends on the weather conditions, and of course being away from the city centre. But within 5-10 minutes it's not difficult to find a light-free area with a clear, unobstructed (apart from clouds) view of the heavens.
The best I ever saw was in Oslo 13 years ago, spanning 180 degrees and being right up above my head, featuring all kinds of colours and the characteristic wavering movement: it really has to be seen to be properly appreciated, but it's the most fantastic/beautiful natural phenomenon I have ever seen. ;)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Thank you Dayvo. :biggrin: I have looked at some of the trips that go much farther north (and out into the back of beyond). But though it would be easier and perhaps less cost to see them from further south and within civilisation. Tack

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Dayvo said:
Here you are, Speicher!
Just for you, and from the comfort of your own home (or office :biggrin:).

Thank you ever so. :biggrin: I had found websites with pictures on, and tried to find books when I was in Stockholm, without success. That's great. I think I will join youtube and flag it as a favourite. Until such time as I get the opportunity to see the real thing. Thank you.

I am in my "office" at home. Not currently in paid employment.

Top Bottom