i'm going offline…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lardarse rider

alecstilleyedye said:
next week, will be in edinburgh at the in-laws.

might get some good rides in though;)

Even when the in-laws can hear:ohmy: That would never happen with my missus:blush:

Melvil

Tetedelacourse said:
Try the Arthurs Seat challenge this time. You'll whizz up in under 4 mins I'm sure.

Aye - agreed - you should do it - I love the challenge and have done it many a time...come on, Tete, have you put your name on the leaderboard for it? Whats your best time?

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I've heard of Arthurs Seat, in fact I'm sure at sometime I've walked along it can't remember if it's the Street leading to the castle.

alecstilleyedie, why not try cycling up the dry ski slope to the South of the city ? :rolleyes:

snorri

Legendary Member
Elmer Fudd said:
I've heard of Arthurs Seat, in fact I'm sure at sometime I've walked along it can't remember if it's the Street leading to the castle.

Not quite Elmer;) Arthur's Seat is a hill in Holyrood Park.
One of the streets leading up to the castle is High Street, but Arthur's Seat is even higher:ohmy:

Tetedelacourse

Melvil said:
Aye - agreed - you should do it - I love the challenge and have done it many a time...come on, Tete, have you put your name on the leaderboard for it? Whats your best time?

Hey Melvil, sorry logged off after posting on this thread and then it sank down the list.

If you can remember the web link, I cunningly posted my time as... Tetedelacourse;)

Only tried it once mind! My pal did it in 4m42s so that was my aim. I clocked 4m24s. How about you? About half that time I'll bet!?!

QuickDraw

Tetedelacourse said:
Try the Arthurs Seat challenge this time. You'll whizz up in under 4 mins I'm sure.

What's the Arthur's seat challenge?

I'm assuming it's a hill climb but where's the start and finish?

I done 3 laps of it in a triathlon on New Years Day in the middle of a hurricane in about 40mins (which was respectable in the conditions - honest). I only entered cos I didn't know any better. I've entered again this year cos I'm stupid.

Tetedelacourse

QuickDraw said:
What's the Arthur's seat challenge?

I'm assuming it's a hill climb but where's the start and finish?

I done 3 laps of it in a triathlon on New Years Day in the middle of a hurricane in about 40mins (which was respectable in the conditions - honest). I only entered cos I didn't know any better. I've entered again this year cos I'm stupid.

ah I see the website has now closed. In a nuthsell, how fast it takes you from the barrier at the bottom of the hill to the wee loch at the top. the finish line was a dubiously painted yellow splodge, around about the 2nd layby next to the loch.

Fastest time was around 2m45s I think by Evan Oliphant who represented GB (maybe still does!). I was 4m24s - thankfully I beat the fastest unicycle time though.

QuickDraw

Tetedelacourse said:
ah I see the website has now closed. In a nuthsell, how fast it takes you from the barrier at the bottom of the hill to the wee loch at the top. the finish line was a dubiously painted yellow splodge, around about the 2nd layby next to the loch.

Fastest time was around 2m45s I think by Evan Oliphant who represented GB (maybe still does!). I was 4m24s - thankfully I beat the fastest unicycle time though.

2mins 45 secs??? I must be thinking of the wrong hill. That's superhuman.

Next time I'm there I think I'll try it but the results will remain secret (unless I get a decent time of course.)

Tetedelacourse

QuickDraw said:
2mins 45 secs??? I must be thinking of the wrong hill. That's superhuman.

Next time I'm there I think I'll try it but the results will remain secret (unless I get a decent time of course.)

i.e. 4m23s :evil:!!!!

Top Bottom