i'm going...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
buggi said:
yea, the new bike helps Shauny. screw him, i've had my comfort food, now i'm gonna get really fit and pull some hot new bloke

and for sure the guy you pull will be better than the last one, think positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
join a cycling club, bet you'll find someone you like, and just think about how you can indulge in a shared passion.

Shaun

Founder
alecstilleyedye said:
join a cycling club, bet you'll find someone you like, and just think about how you can indulge in a shared passion.

You mean someone else who likes fish and chips? :girl:

alecstilleyedye said:

Admin said:
You mean someone else who likes fish and chips? :girl:

Nah! Ferrets of course. Join a ferret fancying club and a cycling club. If the same person turns up in both you've found your ideal partner :girl:

I had Fish & Chips for the first time in yonks the other day. Tasted good and then an hour later I felt curiously unsatisifed but bloated all at the same time :sad:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Crackle said:
Nah! Ferrets of course. Join a ferret fancying club and a cycling club. If the same person turns up in both you've found your ideal partner :girl:

I had Fish & Chips for the first time in yonks the other day. Tasted good and then an hour later I felt curiously unsatisifed but bloated all at the same time :girl:

Perhaps it was a bloater?

Arch

Married to Night Train
rich p said:
That's not a shared passion, Shaun, it's a shared poisson;)

:girl:

Hope you enjoyed the chips buggi, and like the others say, if he's a self-gratification artist, ditch him. You're never alone, with a ferret..

Mmmm chips, I miss them - there isn't a chip shop near me that is still open in the evening, living in the middle of town, they are all geared for the daytime market... Probably a good thing though, or I'd be the size of a zeppelin...

rich p said:
Perhaps it was a bloater?

That's even worse than the first one .......

Arch

Married to Night Train
Van Nick said:
I thought all the best fish 'n' chip shops were in Yorkshire Arch. Whitby and Harry Ramsden's at Guiseley etc.

Yes, and if I lived in Whitby or Guisley, that would be great. But I suspect by the time I'd pedalled home with the chips, they'd be a bit cold and soggy.

For takeout chips, you can't beat Grimsby Fisheries on the Welford Road, Leicester.... Even better, eat in and marvel at the bizarre statue of Hercules and the kitsch decor...

There are good chip shops in York, just not so close that I could just nip out and be back home with my chips before they got a bit cold. I can have good chips if I eat out, but sometimes you want to bring them home, make a big mug of tea and watch the telly...

Van Nick

Arch said:
Yes, and if I lived in Whitby or Guisley, that would be great. But I suspect by the time I'd pedalled home with the chips, they'd be a bit cold and soggy.

Arch said:
For takeout chips, you can't beat Grimsby Fisheries on the Welford Road, Leicester.... Even better, eat in and marvel at the bizarre statue of Hercules and the kitsch decor...

Yes, they're quite famous in Leicester.

Just outside Leicester is the "Batter of Bosworth" which is also very good.

http://www.nepprops.co.uk/srb/scripts/macro/details.asp?TREST_ID=409

Slim

Über Member
I made my own batter for fish for the first time at the weekend and the results were superb. The recipe was from the Guardian magazine on Saturday.

Just half a pound of flour, a glug or two of (sunflower) oil and a bottle-and-a-bit of nice cold lager. Whisked together to the consistency of thick emulsion paint and used straightaway. The batter came out really light and not too greasy.

I think the local chippie has just lost a customer.

yello

Keith Oates said:
and for sure the guy you pull will be better than the last one

Err.... I reckon you might just have worded that just a tad less like a double-entendre

Uncle Mort said:
Fish and chips is the thing I miss most about not living in the UK.

Must admit to periodic yearnings for fish & chips myself. They're never as good as I want them to be but I that doesn't stop me wanting them. There is a local pie cart where we can get them but you have to ring up and order them the day before... that's just not right somehow. That's not the experience I want.

Speaking of Leicester chippies, there's one just off the A6 in Rothley with a good reputation.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
My parents have been going to the same chip shop for over 20 years.
The fish and chips are very nice, and arent too expensive.
The other nice one is in West bridgeford by the river near the cricket ground.
That one is too far away really to be able to get them home quick enough, but if we are over there then we get some.

Top Bottom