I'm happy :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[font="'Arial Black"]:-([/font][font="'Arial Black"]
[/font]

Brilliant! This morning is the first time I've had one of those faces on the new fangled signs "Your speed is: 37 :-("

I know it's naughty (naughty but not illegal) but I couldn't resist it...never passed one whilst flying before and it was definitely me it picked up - the car behind was behaving and way way back

I'll slow down now I've got it out of my system...

Landslide

Rare Migrant
*Hi-fives Sheffield Tiger*

All the signs like that round my way do tend to pick up bikes but only when you are up close but they pick up cars at a considerable distance and not placed in places where the cyclist can get good speed up. Its easy to mis read the speed of a car yourself if its behind and you're going a fair whack too ;)

I've never come across one of those speed indicators which displays an (un)happyface smiley. Perhaps it's 'cos I've never put it to the test! Methinks some other image might convey a more forceful message. How about?
play-monopoly-express-1.3-120X120.jpg

My best one was dropping down the A841 into Lamlash on the Isle of Arran.
I had it showing 40 mph ....... :whistle:

Luck ........... :biggrin:

Biscuit

Legendary Member
My best effort so far is 27mph, quite by chance, entering a village on my route home one night.
Only saw it because it was dark.
Now I know it's there the challenge is on. :-)

Didn't know they were sensitive enough to pick up a bike.

tmcd35

37mph! Well done. I think my max, downhill and peddling like the clappers, was either 27 or 28mph. I have a similar sign on my commute. It's just after a bridge so I'm picking up speed coming off the bridge as I hit the sign. Alas the speed limit is 20mph and it always makes me smile when the sign tells me off for speeding - even if it is only 1 or 2mph over. :biggrin:

Speeding cyclists - we're a menace to other road users ;)

Maz

Guru
I thought speed limits only applied to motorised traffic, so if you're cycling you're not doing anything wrong.

Peter10

I thought speed limits only applied to motorised traffic, so if you're cycling you're not doing anything wrong.

I don't think cyclists can be done for breaking speed limits, but if they are deemed cycling in a dangerous or anti-social manner they can be dealt with by a fine.

Coco

The last one I passed showed 6mph*. I could swear the smiley face was laughing at me.

*I was struggling up a steep hill - honest :smile:

Top Bottom