I'm in Canada!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

friedel

jags said:
sounds like a fantastic tour ,are you camping and cooking for yourself .have you got plenty of bear spray your in bear country now.hope you keep us posted on your tour pic's please, have a blast.

Take it from a Canadian - you don't need to worry about bears until Ontario, and then not again through the prairies, until you hit the Rockies ;)

betty swollocks

large member
FANTASTIC: what fun!
Have fun!

Arch

Married to Night Train
zacklaws said:
Good luck with your ride Helen.

Rumour has it that you was seen in Millets buying a new sleeping bag to deter bears mauling you.

That's hilarious! Imagine wearing that and waiting until there were a few people about in the morning on a campsite, and then poking the head out of your tent....:smile:

zacklaws

Guru
Arch said:
That's hilarious! Imagine wearing that and waiting until there were a few people about in the morning on a campsite, and then poking the head out of your tent....:thumbsup:

It would be even more hilarious, Helen running round the campsite with an amourous bear chasing her.

gavintc

Guru
<--- very envious of you. I wish you all the very best and I hope it goes smoothly. Having lived in Canada for 2 years and presently considering going back for good, I know that you will love it. Good luck and safe pedalling.

OP
OP
HelenD123

HelenD123

Legendary Member
craigwend said:
So did you choose the galaxy in the end?

Oh & it's 70 degrees here on friday...

oh - & very bloody impressed with you !

Yes, see yesterday's Crazyguy update.

70 degrees? I'm a metric girl.

OP
OP
HelenD123

HelenD123

Legendary Member
jags said:
sounds like a fantastic tour ,are you camping and cooking for yourself .have you got plenty of bear spray your in bear country now.hope you keep us posted on your tour pic's please, have a blast.

I enquired about bear spray today but was told I won't need it until Alberta so I'll buy some later on. There's no point carrying an extra kilo unnecessarily.

OP
OP
HelenD123

HelenD123

Legendary Member
psmiffy said:
How does bear spray work - I am pretty sure that I would not want to be close enough to a bear to be able to spray it!

It's a last resort and supposed to shock them back I think. It's a sort of pepper spray.

Crankarm

Guru
What's the difference between a black and a grizly bear? If it's a black bear they can climb trees, if it's a grizly then you will be climbing the tree ;)!

Top Bottom