I'm in love.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
With Budapest. I left there this morning very reluctantly. There was sooooo much more that I wanted to see and experience. Hungary add a whole was the best of the three countries cycled in this tour. Budapest was the best city visited.

Maz

Guru
Nice one. Please post some pictures on here!

Sara_H

Guru
I did Vienna to Budapest 10 years ago, only stayed in Budapest for one day and like you, fell in love.

OH thinks we may do it next summer. Yayyyy!

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
We spent three days there and out wasn't enough. There's a genteel squalor in parts of the city that adds to the charm. There's lots of regeneration taking place and the laid back atmosphere is fantastic.I've already researched hour to get to Budapest by sleeper train for next year.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
We spent three days there and out wasn't enough. There's a genteel squalor in parts of the city that adds to the charm. There's lots of regeneration taking place and the laid back atmosphere is fantastic.I've already researched hour to get to Budapest by sleeper train for next year.

I found some of your other train threads interesting, so you'll have to say at some point.

Durian

Über Member
Budapest is a great city, visited there many times. If you do go back, Szentendre, which I think is just north of Budapest, is worth a look, lovely old cobbled streets and some decent bars and restaurants.

East of Budapest is one of my favourite places, a town called Eger. This is wine area and they have about fifty caves where you can go in and sample the different wines.

Top Bottom