I'm not going to judge anyone for this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
U

User16625

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTGX_4u90dg

But based on Monty Pythons witch testing procedures, British road users are all made of lead, which means they're dense.

Cyclists are anal about weight, choose carbon fibre and therefore are very "not dense". Who runs traffic lights again?

Have to be honest tho, I got it right but only near the time limit. But you have to take into account that I am colour blind.

Brandane

Legendary Member
BTW, Chris, amber means stop - not prepare to stop.
Which means that the question "starting with stop" is a bit ambiguous and could have thrown the contestants!

Last edited:

JoshM

Which means that the question "starting with stop" is a bit ambiguous and could have thrown the contestants!

I thought it mean stop if safe? I.e. you're allowed to go through on an amber if its not safe to stop? Isn't that why you get all those idiots speeding up when they see the lights turn amber so they can scoot through before it turns red?

Of course that might be a common misconception which would cause the same effect.

It's a very strangely phrased question. Maybe all the contestants were confused by it.

Yes, that's actually the most shocking thing, not that ten people under pressure and nervous flubbed a poorly phrased question, but that the host with teams of writers and producers and access to the HC did not know and did not bother to find out what amber means.
Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 09.45.20.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty easy, really, but then I have only had a full license for about a year.
I'd say very easy, and I've only had my license for about 30 years :smile:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer

I got the right answer straight off, but then I had exactly this thought - the way the question is phrased, it really should start with amber.

As per @jefmcg's helpful picture, it's really not at all ambiguous: amber means stop. End of.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
"Stop if safe" is wrong. It should be "Stop unless not safe".

Of course, it probably isn't safe to stop on amber in many cases since the driver behind you will have seen the amber light, assumed you're not stopping and be putting their foot down...

Also: Green does not mean "Go", it means "Go if safe"

Top Bottom