I'm off....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
....to have my ears syrringed so I can hear you lot better.
They don't use that bloody great silver thing that looked like it came out of The Devils any more, apparently.

HobbesChoice

Try hopi ear candles too! They're really effective and not as invasive as a syringe!

jimheaney57

Had one of mine done recently. Was almost completely deaf in that ear before.

Great job, quick and easy and no pain. I didn't really know what to expect.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
HobbesChoice said:
Try hopi ear candles too! They're really effective

No they're not. They're nonsense and have nothing to do with the Hopis. Don't do it, Rich - you'll fall asleep and burn your ear.

HobbesChoice

theclaud said:
No they're not. They're nonsense and have nothing to do with the Hopis. Don't do it, Rich - you'll fall asleep and burn your ear.

If you can't use them properly or can't stay awake for longer than 15 minutes at a time then definitely steer clear!!!

But they definitely work and some Dr's are even approving them over the more intrusive syringe! But, as ever, what works for each individual is always the better option.

Hopi's used them, but they didn't invent them. But I've also heard that a coffee table wasn't invented by a cup of coffee so the name probably isn't too much of an issue !!!! :ohmy:

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
HobbesChoice said:
If you can't use them properly or can't stay awake for longer than 15 minutes at a time then definitely steer clear!!!

But they definitely work and some Dr's are even approving them over the more intrusive syringe! But, as ever, what works for each individual is always the better option.

Hopi's used them, but they didn't invent them. But I've also heard that a coffee table wasn't invented by a cup of coffee so the name probably isn't too much of an issue !!!! :biggrin:

Not Hobbes ear candles then:wacko:

Next time you are abroad, pop in the chemist and buy an ear syringe, it is just a rubber bulb with a pointy tube on it. Abroad everyone does it themself but here for some reason they are not allowed to sell them so you have to go to the quack.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
HobbesChoice said:

Hopi's used them, but they didn't invent them. But I've also heard that a coffee table wasn't invented by a cup of coffee so the name probably isn't too much of an issue !!!! B)

That's my point - they don't. It's pure mumbo-jumbo. I've no objection to a bit of a placebo, but sticking flaming objects into delicate orifices has to be a bad idea (except for those who really can't get their kicks without doing so). I'd heard the Hopi were a bit pissed off about their name being exploited and misused for marketing a spurious treatment.

Top Bottom