I'm part of the club....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boybiker

Guru
I managed to pick up a single speed for £65 which is not much of a looker (perfect for leaving in town while I do the shopping!). I'm not exactly sure what components its using it seems to have some kind of single speed converter on the rear hub which allows for free wheeling? It's got L16mm and R14MM on it? :huh: I think the rear rack , lights , seat and spd pedals must be worth more than £65 so I'm very happy with it. :thumbsup:

$T2eC16hHJGsFFMnUlrvGBRnSPSV9Ug~~60_12.JPG

20130610160444.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
looks good to me

A good buy. A very good buy. Twice the price might even have been a good price, depending on the condition.

But in a way a bad buy. A very bad buy. A very, very, very bad buy...

You will start to enjoy s/s cycling and a little pixie in a pointy hat sitting on your collar will start to whisper "Why don't you try fixed-gear?" in your ear.

You will ignore it at first. You will try to think of something else. You will sing to yourself to make him go away. But he won't go away.

He won't whisper any louder, but he won't stop and he won't go away. You'll hear it through the wind and you'll wake up hearing it in the morning.

And you will start to wonder... "Why don't I try fixed-gear?"

And the pixie will have won. And the Realm of Evil will have won. And you will have lost. And there's nothing you can do to stop it.

He will start whispering this week and he will never stop. You have sold your soul and there is no going back.

What a very, very, very bad buy!

OP
OP
boybiker

boybiker

Guru
A good buy. A very good buy. Twice the price might even have been a good price, depending on the condition.

But in a way a bad buy. A very bad buy. A very, very, very bad buy...

You will start to enjoy s/s cycling and a little pixie in a pointy hat sitting on your collar will start to whisper "Why don't you try fixed-gear?" in your ear.

You will ignore it at first. You will try to think of something else. You will sing to yourself to make him go away. But he won't go away.

He won't whisper any louder, but he won't stop and he won't go away. You'll hear it through the wind and you'll wake up hearing it in the morning.

And you will start to wonder... "Why don't I try fixed-gear?"

And the pixie will have won. And the Realm of Evil will have won. And you will have lost. And there's nothing you can do to stop it.

He will start whispering this week and he will never stop. You have sold your soul and there is no going back.

What a very, very, very bad buy!

I have already surrendered my soul to the facts. I'm keeping my eye out for a flip flop hub / wheel. Would one have any such suggestions? ;) :whistle:

I have already surrendered my soul to the facts. I'm keeping my eye out for a flip flop hub / wheel. Would one have any such suggestions? ;) :whistle:

I just saw the Devil smile.

He has gained a soul and paid nothing for it.

Your pleasure on this mortal world will be greatly enhanced, but we who have tasted the honeydew nirvana of fixed-gear cycling are all bound for Hell, with no time off for good behaviour.

I warned you, but you didn't listen.

Abandon all hope. And ride clipless if you go fixed. Of course.

Top Bottom