"I'm pondering starting a Cycle Chat saddle library..."

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

> "I'm pondering starting a Cycle Chat saddle library..."

Well I've already gave a saddle, s.i.flite; to MajorMantra...

Why doesnt any1 else to the same...if its hanging around and you dont want it yourself ????????

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I'll be sticking the draft proposals for the saddle library this evening - sorry it's taken a while but have had a couple of hectic weeks.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I have only just spotted this thread and I'm interested to see how it pans out. GrahamG was kind enough to let me try a couple of saddles on my bike when I cycled to his house. Perhaps there could be an option for those who have certain saddles but not spare, that don't mind someone coming and trying them, but doesn't want them to disappear to other parts of the country. (Does that make sense?).

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
summerdays, your post makes sense but it might be difficult to administer. We can always try and matchmake if someone is having problems tracking down a particular saddle.

Baggy, don't forget Paypal fees in your proposal, 2 or 3% they take, that too will need to come out of the deposit.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Baggy nice one, the proposal seems to cover all points previoulsy mentioned. When it is up and running I would like to try a fizik arione.

As an aside point it is possible we still have some "spare" cartons lurking at work which would be just the right size for postage purposes. I will have a look over the next few days to see what I can find xx(

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
4F said:
Baggy nice one, the proposal seems to cover all points previoulsy mentioned. When it is up and running I would like to try a fizik arione.
I'm mulling the idea of offering my Arione to the library, co-incidentally (I'm only hesitating because it seems to go back on at least one of my bikes quite regularly). If you don't want to wait for the library, feel free to PM me.

I should add, it's a bit tatty, but cosmetically only, more than adequate to give you the idea of the Arione.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Apropos of nothing in particular, I think I'd enjoy driving a lot more if I could potter about in a big lion car like the one in your avatar, Crackle.

Top Bottom