im quite shocked....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hero of valour

...that a company like specialized cannot build a bike that fits a pair of guards....i have no idea why more people dont have this issue...ive heard various things about various guards and i know its always a bit of a fudge getting them to fit and they rub at times etc but come on sort it out

OP
OP
hero of valour

hero of valour

ps sorry i have a secteur comp and not even specialized themselves can help me

Crosstrailer

Probably because Specialized did not design the bike to have guards fitted. It is not a hybrid or tourer. It is not like they tried and failed the task LOL

vickster

Legendary Member
I always thought the Secteur could take guards of some sort, less so the Allez

My Sirrus happily took full SKS guards, doesn't the Secteur have the same frame?

Did you perhaps buy the wrong bike?

sabian92

Über Member
...that a company like specialized cannot build a bike that fits a pair of guards....i have no idea why more people dont have this issue...ive heard various things about various guards and i know its always a bit of a fudge getting them to fit and they rub at times etc but come on sort it out

Road bikes generally aren't designed to have mudguards fitted as they don't really deal with mud very often. Not only that they're designed for skinny tyres and minimal clearances so they designed it right - it wasn't designed for mud guards, really.

Not to be patronising but if you wanted mudguards you should have checked before you plonked nearly a grand on a bike.

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
I have a Spesh Secteur Comp and happily fitted SKS race blades this afternoon.:thumbsup:

They are only supposed to fit 700x18-23c but they will fit a 700x25c tyre.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

If you wanted a bike with fitting's for mount's you bought the wrong bike!

Buy SKS Race Blades (long version).

Top Bottom