I'm reading a romantic novel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
With library browsing closed - my local library had a collection only service, which has been great. They also did a lucky dip - where they just sort you a few fiction books out.

Anyway long story short - I ended up with one of those love story novels - Mixed emotions, because even though I am a bloke - I'm really enjoying it ! - what on earth is happening to me !

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
You're getting in touch with your feminine side :girl: :whistle:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My parents used to go on P&O cruises (my old man wrote the brochures - nice work if you can get it, eh?). On one, they met an unusually young couple, clearly rolling in it. Having assumed that he was some kind of banker or corporate lawyer or something, they discovered over dinner that actually it was she who was the one raking in the shekels, as a Mills & Boon writer.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Well perhaps 30 pages to go and the happy couple are still an item - a few pages back the male lead was in a house fire - my god I couldn't turn the pages quick enough.

I have to finish it tonight - and then get back to an Andy Mcnab SAS novel or something more Macho !

I've just walked the dog bare chested to make sure I'm still a man !

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I have to finish it tonight - and then get back to an Andy Mcnab SAS novel or something more Macho !
Or perhaps a Haynes manual.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Is it about marrying Prince charming and then later finding he's more interested shagging girls his daughters' age?
No its worse -
We all know these romantic novels are full of sex, sexuality and sensational writing and that is why your loving it.
But it's not - it's all about friendship, respect, and being nice to people you shouldn't be nice to ...but it all comes good.....well I hope it does....must get back to it !

No its worse -

But it's not - it's all about friendship, respect, and being nice to people you shouldn't be nice to ...but it all comes good.....well I hope it does....must get back to it !
I was thinking more like twilight... hope the ending is good.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I want to get hold of Mills & Boon writer Flora Kidd's Dangerous Pretence to find out what happened next

He paused and then added more softly, ‘Come on Elaine, it won’t be the first time we have doubled up on a bicycle.’:ohmy:

Does your other half have a decent novel where SAS "blades" ( as they are called the The Regiment ref Daily Mail) know the difference between a clip and a magazine?

Top Bottom