I'm riding to Brighton on Sunday morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
......and, if I feel like it, I might ride back again. I'll be leaving Streatham about 6.30, and aiming to get down to the Madeira about 10.30. I'll probably go through South Croydon, along to Coulsdon, go up Portnalls Road, down Reigate Hill, down Lonesome Lane, cut across to Smallfields, go up to Turners Hill, Ardingly, Lindfield, down Slugwash Lane, take a shimmy around Streat and go in to Ditchling from the east - then up the Beacon.

The forecast is good - not warm, but not wet.

Let me know if you want to meet up at my place or on the way down.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And me, Ross and Long Martin are off to Whitstable....if you don't fancy a lone ride to Brighton.
7.30am at the Dartford Crossing.

iLB

Hello there
I will be in bed after a wedding tomorrow, but watch out for flooded lanes in the Smallfield area- was round that way yesterday and took on some long stretches under 12 inches of flowing water!

AxoKuR6CQAE1Ws_.jpg:large

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Is that you and Susie? I might ride up Hundred Acre Lane and Slugwash Lane way to meet you if it's a nice morning. Maybe you could let me know that morning what time you expect to appear?
just me. This one you can file under M-i-L avoidance. I'll be through Slugwash Lane about 9.15 to 9.30

Tim Hall

The lane from the top of the Badlands towards The Edifice (Broadbridge Lane) often floods, and I imagine it is flooded now. There's a pond along side it partway down which gets excited and splurges all over the carriageway. Redehall Road, despite having speed bumps, will be a better bet.

And it's Smallfield, singular.

hatler

Guru
If you fancy indulging in a tiny bit off rough stuff at Streat, try this little diversion. It's only rough and lumpy for about the first 200 yards. Once the route turns south for the first time it's on pretty reasonable tarmac.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5558446

Don't think I'll be around on Sunday sadly, and we won't even be at the van to welcome you with a cuppa. Sorry.

martint235

Dog on a bike
One weekend, two rides come along at once. The breakfast at Whitstable is better but the Madeira is a nicer place and it feels like ages since I was last there. However, I am committed to Whitstable and that's where I shall go. Have a good ride and see you Thursday night.

U

User10571

......and, if I feel like it, I might ride back again. I'll be leaving Streatham about 6.30, and aiming to get down to the Madeira about 10.30. I'll probably go through South Croydon, along to Coulsdon, go up Portnalls Road, down Reigate Hill, down Lonesome Lane, cut across to Smallfields, go up to Turners Hill, Ardingly, Lindfield, down Slugwash Lane, take a shimmy around Streat and go in to Ditchling from the east - then up the Beacon.

The forecast is good - not warm, but not wet.

Let me know if you want to meet up at my place or on the way down.
I'd love to join you....
But I've other business...
Meh!

Top Bottom